live streaming

• kann man auch Motion anstatt mjpg-streamer? Ich finde da die Einstellöglichkeiten besser....zb Helligkeit usw.
    Ich kann nur kein Videobild bei Anruf auf APP Elcom aufrufen. Ohne Anruf geht es, oder muss der Port in der FB freigegeben werden?

• Hello ,

yes, i use motion with doorpi and Android Elcom app videophone 1.2 without any problems.

Hello Project. Could you please share with you Doorpi? I tried it so many times and it all failed. Doorpi worked properly without motion. As soon as I installed Motion, Doorpi could not be called anymore. I do hope you would let us know. BTW, I'm using a USB Cam that's why I'm using motion.Thank you

• Hi

i install motion from .deb package with gdebi ,

from https://github.com/Motion-Project/motion/releases, you should find the right package for your system and install it.

You should check the port for web_control and stream , if there in not some conflict with doorpi because in the basic setting is port 8080
    used. I m using one USB camera and one PI camera together without problem with doorpi , asterisk on the same RPI.
    Let me know if this help

thank you

• Hi Project,
    Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I wanted to do on a raspberry pi. With the RPi (Raspberry Pi) all I did install DoorPi and it works. After that I installed motion using the following command:

Code
    sudo apt install motion

After that was done I edited the motion.conf file and edited the /etc/default/motion file to make sure it runs every boot. But as soon Motions runs, DoorPi wouldnt answer when it's called. I'll try the github one and see how that goes. THanks again

• Hi

i use version 4.1.1 to 4.2, but i think that the problem will not be in the version. The motion itself works?

both DoorPi and Motion works perfectly as long as they are running separately. But once you try to run both in the same raspberry Pi then DoorPi stops working properly but motion works.

• Ok... so I manually ran DoorPi with doorpi_cli --trace . First I just ran DoorPi. It worked.. Then I ran motion while doorpi is running... here is what I saw:

noticed on line 10 an ERROR occured:

• 2018-12-15 16: 06: 18.679 [ERROR] [doorpi.sipphone.from_linphone] MSFileRec: can not start, state = 2

This is the first error I saw. Then looking at the rest of the data, I saw more errors:

I admit I am a noob at this. I really wish somebody out there has a solution.

• Hi Project,

Regarding sound card, I do use the 3.5mm jack for my sound card and for the microphone I do use the built in Mic from the web cam. The webcam is just the cheap Docooler USB 2.0 12 Megapixel HD Camera Web Cam (I highly doubt this). But it does work. Now for the Doorpi.ini

and for the motion.conf file:

I do hope you can find my problem with these information. Thank you in advance Project for the assistance. I've been working on this for such a long time now.

• Hi

i see possible problem in the doorpi.ini with video_size = uxga , try set it to vga ?
    poststream_maxrate = 1 , post_capture=25, why this settings ?
    the snapshot_size is set up to 2048x1500 but you have the camera set to resolution 640x480 ?
    How do you handle or for what you use the video stream from the camera ?
    For the doorpi you need only snapshot or video stream too ?

• Thanks Project. Lots of good info here. I'll change the video setting to match Motion's. I really don't need video streaming on doorpi but I don't know how to stop streaming with Doorpi. Thanks again Project

• hi

in the doorpi.ini try setup

video_device = StaticImage: Static picture

PROJECT YOU ARE A BEAST!!!! BWAHAHAHA!!! IT WORKED! THANK YOU!!!

Just to let everyone know, it was the video capability of DoorPi that was causing the conflict. By disabling it as per Project's help, all is working now. My case is closed. Thanks again buddy.

• Hello, i have same problem if i want to use motion and doorpi but would like to use video streaming on doorpi.
    Is this possible too?

Background:
    i would like to use linphone to had a video voip call, but would like to get snapshot from cam via push message and videostream recorded if no voip call can be established.

• Hi

unfortunately I do not know how to make video video call from doorpi /linphone , i have to try it.

For snapshot i use curl command in doorpi under [EVENT_.........

10=os_execute:curl -s -o /dev/null http://localhost:port/camid/action/snapshot

or when you use in motion protection with password then

10=os_execute:curl -u user:password -s -o /dev/null http://localhost:port/camid/action/snapshot

port: your port for web control
    camid: number of your camera

when you will make video , use the same way with event and curl command in doorpi -

10=os_execute:curl -s -o /dev/null http://localhost:port/camid/action/eventstart
    20=sleep 10 #depend how long should a video be.
    30=os_execute:curl -s -o /dev/null http://localhost:port/camid/action/eventend

--check in motion setting the parameter : movie_output on