Basic questions

• Hi, my name is Kenny and Ive just installed doorpi. Ive did my best to understand all the german and I ve got myself a basic running version.
    But still I have some questions.
    -Video_display_enabled: if set to True the call made will be offered with video? I have it now set to false and have to manually select video in the cliënt (zoiper on Android), if I set it to True doorpi shuts down when the event is triggered.
    -Ive read on the lead in page that it was possible to get video before ansering the call? How can this be done?
    -maybe a hint but maybe someone can post a working doorpi.ini with basic settings(sip, gpio) this part was hard with the all german wiki ::-)

Thx in advance,

Kenny
    Ps my setup is
    Raspi 2b +webcam and cmedia headset adapter
    Synology asterisk as PBX
    And zoiper on Android tablet as cliënt.

• is there no one who can point me in the right direction? I've installed the videophon app on android, I can see the mjpg stream but when the doorbell is pushed I can't see the stream anymore untill I anser the call. I would like to keep the original stream if possible. Is there maybe some other app/ program that can do this? Has someone tried to use a web client? Thx in advance for your insights! kenny

• Hi kenny,

even linphone supports Video calls, I don't know doorPi does it as well. So it is preferred and highly recommended to provide an external video stream. Every DoorPi known to me is based on this approach. Perhaps other members know divergent solutions. Bur in any case you can use the mjpg streamer software for this purpose.. The raspi cam works fine with mjpg streamer.

Installation des mjpg-streamer.

Because the stream will be available all the time and outside of the call you're able to access the stream independently from doorPi activities. This includes indeed a video before any call has been requested or established. Which app do you plan to use for the video live stream? Is it zoiper? (I don't know zoipers functionality and if there an option to integrate an external mjpg stream) Anyway, Elcom is a well working app on android and comes for free. If you search for ELCOM in the forum you will find some threads with screenshots inside. They should be self-explaining. Otherwise we'll try to support you here in this forum to get this well configured.

This should be a basic but working doorpi.ini
    piface2 input konfig

Cheers,
    Marcus
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Mein DoorPi (Eingebaut und in Betrieb)

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Marcuss () aus folgendem Grund: typos corrected